Are you continually challenged to keep pace with evolving regulations, standards, and practices—and to review and update your policies and procedures (P&Ps) to maintain compliance?
To help your health care organization tackle these challenges, Joint Commission Resources developed PolicySource™: P&Ps for Compliance with Joint Commission Requirements, an online collection of sample P&Ps that meet your hospital’s needs to comply with accreditation requirements.
On this easy-to-navigate, web-based portal, you’ll find standardized, downloadable, adaptable policies, procedures, protocols, and plans organized by and correlated to actual Joint Commission standards in the Comprehensive Accreditation Manuals. We provide a standardized policy or procedure (P&P) for nearly every Joint Commission–required written hospital P&P, making it an invaluable resource for any organization needing to improve its collection of P&Ps or a health care or hospital system navigating a merger or acquisition requiring consistent P&Ps across sites.
We’ll update PolicySource to sync with twice-annual Joint Commission standards updates:
• If a new Joint Commission standard has required written documentation, a new sample policy addressing the requirement will appear in the next update of PolicySource
• If a current documentation requirement changes, we’ll update the correlated sample P&P to align with the changes
An annual subscription to PolicySource also provides:
• Introductory material that explains why P&Ps are necessary and how best to develop and manage them
• A P&P checklist that identifies any standard requiring written documentation
• Standardized templates to use when writing or updating your own policies, procedures, and plans